Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Where Do I Come From?

I was so excited to see that Story of my Life was going to do another blog-everyday challenge!  This month they are doing a "Blogtember" challenge to blog every day during the month of September.  Most of the prompts already inspire me, and I will also blog about what suits me on a daily whim.  Join me as I attempt to blog through the month!



I am the 4th generation on my Dad's side of the family to live in America.
My paternal Great-Grandparents moved from Japan to Hawaii as young adults.
My grandparents started their family in Southern California.

My mother's side of the family can be dated back to the late 1700's.
French Huguenots that fled from religious persecution
to the new land.

Growing up in Southern California for most of my childhood was grand.
We lived 5 minutes from Disneyland, and had perfect weather.
I remember making my first friend at 5 years old and 
are celebrating 22 years of friendship this year!

In 5th grade, we moved to Arizona.
Been here for 17 years.
In jr. high, I went to my church's youth camp.
It changed my life.
I rededicated my life to God and got baptized.

My teen years were difficult.
Struggled to find my identity and worth.
After years of depression and soul searching,
God once again showed me that there is more to life.

My first love was at 15 years old.
I would always get grounded for talking on the phone
for hours on end with him.
He was my first kiss...
and my last kiss.
I married this man 6 years later.

Becoming a mommy was the best thing that ever happened!
Our son is our pride and joy.
We live our lives to provide for him and bring him 
up in a Christian household.
When someone said having a little one is like
having part of your heart walking on the outside,
they had no idea how true of a statement that is.
My child is what brings purpose to my life.

Currently, I am still soul searching.
Wanting to once again hear and see God's hand working in my life.
Sometimes He is silent and I feel alone,
like the Israelites wandering through the desert for 40 years.
But through the silence I am asking for guidance and answers.
And I know if I am still and quiet, I will receive the comfort and guidance needed.

My story is not yet over.
Today is a new day
to rediscover myself,
to make amends,
love those around me,
and to live a life of meaning.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment