Monday, March 18, 2013

::Fill Up Your Jar::

 
   Have you ever had moments in your life when something keeps nudging at you?  Well, I had a few of those moments a couple weeks ago, and feel like sharing it with all of you.  It was around the time of my 27th birthday and my husband and friends kept asking me "what do you want for your birthday?"  Honestly folks, there's a lot of things that I want, but there's really nothing that I need. So with that in mind, I kept brushing them off. Later in the week at my MOMS group we got on the topic of how difficult it is to be a mom and to take time out for ourselves. Then, I came home to find that my favorite cookie lady posted a picture on Facebook (see picture above) related to "filling up your jar"... Ding, Ding, Ding!!!  Apparently, I needed this to be a topic of discussion because it somehow grabbed my attention three times that week. 

   Not only do I need to take the time to rejuvenate and fill up my jar, but I know it benefits everyone around.  Can you imagine doing everything for everybody else and never taking the time to relax or do anything special for yourself?  Maybe some of you know exactly what I'm talking about because that describes you to a "T". A lot of moms can relate because it seems like we are a home maker, a nurse, a teacher, a wife, a chauffeur, a coach, a circus ring leader.... all rolled into one person. At the end of the day, we have nothing to show for ourselves. We have a lot to show for what we did for everybody else, but nothing to show that we took time to ourselves. Don't get me wrong, family is important and being there for everyone else is important, but not to the extent of forgetting about yourself in the mix of things. If you're constantly filling up other people's jars you will have nothing left to contribute in the end.

   So with that said, take time to do something nice for yourself. Even if it's just going to get a pedicure or allowing your husband to draw a bubble bath for you. You deserve it. I think I will splurge by getting myself a cookie....



*Thank you to Jackie for letting me use her photo. Some of my inspiration for this blog post came from my favorite cookie lady. You can find  her on facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheCookieCornerAZ or at her website http://www.thecookiecorneraz.com/

   



1 comment:

  1. This is so true and I know this but I do not do it as often as I should! Thanks for this post and reminding me to fill up my own jar!

    ReplyDelete