Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I Dream of Africa


My dream is to one day venture to Africa

via  

The sweltering, desert that Africa consists of.
To experience their culture and the heart of the people.
I want to be greeted by the natives, 
with singing and dancing.

via 

Most of my days I would love to be with the children.
Help and love on the kids in the orphanages and schools.
Teach them about my country, language, and my faith,
while they teach me all about theirs.

 

 Dreaming of African animals.
A safari to witness the grandness of all the creatures.
Lions, Tigers, Bears, Oh my! (maybe not bears...)

 via

To lay under the stars at night and take in God's glory.
To put fear aside and go somewhere in pure faith.
No agenda, no schedule, but just to experience what Africa has to offer.
Like my own "Eat Pray Love" adventure in finding myself. 

~Elizabeth




8 comments:

  1. That's my dream trip too. The safe areas of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure where Americans/missionaries go it is the safer areas

      Delete
  2. That would be fun! A friend of mine went there years ago and he said all the little kids wanted bubble gum lol

    stopping by from A to Z for Moms Like Me
    http://www.atozformomslikeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cute! I had a friend that just came back last month. They went to teach the girls how to sew.

      Delete
  3. My husband lived in Kenya and Ethiopia for a couple years and we talk about going back all the time. Where would you go if you did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much about the different areas, so I have no idea where I'd go. Maybe I would go to Kenya since the Mercy House is there (an organization that helps pregnant women).

      Delete