Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Moments Not Wasted


It is very rare to have a beautiful weather day this time of year in Arizona.  Today I am soaking up the breeze outside, and watching my son play.  My 2 year old is splashing around in the muddy, wet sand table from the rain we got the last few days.  In this moment I could care less about the dirty soaked clothes or that he's flinging muddy water everywhere. Taking in this moment instead of wishing it away.

As the news and everyone else is reflecting back on September 11th, I do not want to focus on the sadness of that day.  Instead, I want to not waste a single moment and relish these little things in life.  Every day should be cause to love your family more, to not be easily angered or frustrated, and to soak up the hugs and kisses from your children. 

~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I've loved this rain! This time of year I always think back to 12 years how much Pride I felt in being an American and how much I felt our country unite. Of course I was only 12 then so it's not like I knew a whole lot:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in 10th grade when it happened and remember it vividly as if it happened yesterday. I was listening to the radio in the morning talking about the twin towers. Asked my mom what the twin towers were and that they were destroyed. She immediately turned on the tv and was shocked. All day in school the teachers had the news on, and some kids were crying because they knew family/friends there.

      Delete