Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Best Advice I Ever Received on Motherhood


 The best advice I received was from my mother when I was about to give birth to my son. Every day I remind myself of the importance of taking every moment to heart...never take anything for granted.


 Dear Elizabeth,

"In the coming months and years you might find yourself saying such things as: “We don’t eat Bella’s dog food.” “We don’t climb on the dishwasher door.” “What’s in your mouth?” Through it all, learn to laugh at yourself, your son and remember … it’s only for a short time. You only have a limited amount of time that you will be able to guide and influence Joshua’s every action. Raising little ones is exhausting and busy and adventurous. But it is only for a season. So be present in all the moments - in the hard ones, the funny ones and the joy-filled times. Don’t wish them away. Instead, be thankful that you get to experience each and every one of them.

God gives us these little people to enjoy, love, encourage, and teach. But keep in mind that our babies are, in reality, His. They are only on loan to us. He is entrusting you with one of His most precious creations."  

Love, Mom


Thoughts inspired from: “In its time - 
He has made everything beautiful in its time.” www.samuelmay.com.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Dear!
    These are... awesome words. Really! What a lovely touch of your mom. I love it.
    And I think we should keep these words for every single person we get a chance to be with in our lives. Either it's our baby, husband, parent, sibling, or friend. We shall be thankful for every minute, and experience with them.
    Oh. this post brought me to tears. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I agree this would be good advice for any loved person in our lives.

      Delete