Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In the hands of Obama...

My blood has been boiling lately. 

My brain has been creating different scenarios to make something work.

Then I realize, I need to be REALISTIC...


I need to be realistic with my expectations & with life-altering choices. Sometimes it is really difficult to take a step back and know that waiting is sometimes better in the end.  But it's hard when you want something so bad!  You can either take a plunge and hope for the best, or wait until all your "ducks are lined up in a row". Either way-- it's scary and makes me question myself.

I do not want to be the type of person to lead you on and keep you wondering what this is pertaining to.  That would be the most annoying thing ever... For the last few months, I have stewed over the thought of having another baby.  Then I remember: Our insurance is poop. 

During the month, we have come to the conclusion to wait for ObamaCare and see what that entails.  That means I am going to wait and see if our work insurance changes or see what changes when ObamaCare comes into play.  I am just at an annoyed point right now and can't help but laugh because we may/may not have another baby right now based on what Obama does....

How crazy is that?   We are basing our decisions on what someone else does... Insurance can help a lot in some cases (or in our case right now really screw us over).  What's driving me nuts right now is thinking that ObamaCare or new insurance won't even provide maternity coverage anyways, so why the heck are we waiting for that?  Caught in a dilemma. That's all there is to it.

In the end, God has full control and knows what is best for our family.  I honestly do not know what is best right now. I just hate the fact that in this day and age, we have to base our baby thoughts on what the government is doing or not doing.  

It should be as simple as:  I want a baby, so we are having a baby (God-willing).    

Wish it was that easy!  We have to consider if Joshua is at an age to handle a sibling. If we are ready to be able to handle 2 kids. And about 50 other things to consider...

Going back to my original thought-- Be REALISTIC!  The problem is that I don't know if we are over-thinking this, making excuses, or if we are being smart to wait.  Maybe a mixture of both.

If we did not let fear control our thoughts and decisions, we would probably have another child by now.  We love our son sooo much, that I know another little one will have just as much love from us too.  But the logistics of it all is what is getting in the way...

Sorry for the back and forth rant. Like I said, I go back and forth and end up nowhere.  
  








2 comments:

  1. Hi friend! Just hopped over to your blog and my Drew is only a few weeks older than your Joshua! Looks like he was a Dec 2010 baby, right? Drew was Jan 2011! How funny. Hope you are loving this age.... it's so fun! Anyway, adorable blog and can't wait to follow along!

    The June giveaway for a pair of PowerSox begins tomorrow! Our Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks for checking out my blog! I love "running" into moms with kids around my son's age. Yes, sounds like our boys are a month apart, if even that! :)

      Delete