There are certain moments in life that cause me to pause, take a deep breath, and know that life is good. Those are the rare moments--the moments when joy intercedes. There are times when my mind sounds like buzzing bees, and there is practically nothing that makes it stop... Until, I hear a favorite song or something inspirational that stops me in my tracks. That's when a sense of calmness envelopes me...Those moments of peace... Give yourself a break and enjoy the good things in life!
1. My all-time favorite song by Leonard Cohen "Halleluiah". There are many variations, but today this version stood out to me: Halleluiah
2. About a year ago I came across Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience that was exceptionally written. I completely forgot about it until a friend posted a link to it today and I was once-again swept away by her poetic, real, graceful writing. Ann Voskamp is also the author of One Thousand Gifts.
3. Take a Seat, Make a Friend from Soul Pancake. This makes me smile...especially the "teeth" part...
4. Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst. I have mentioned this book a million times on my blog. This book has stopped me in my tracks to re-examine how I communicate with others and gives hilarious real-life examples.
5. Because all moms need some grace.... So Wonderful So Marvelous blog
What are some things that put a smile on your face, that make you stop in your tracks?
Give yourself some grace today, and take time to slow down to enjoy the little joys in life.