Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Life is Beautiful



There are certain moments in life that cause me to pause, take a deep breath, and know that life is good.  Those are the rare moments--the moments when joy intercedes.  There are times when my mind sounds like buzzing bees, and there is practically nothing that makes it stop... Until, I hear a favorite song or something inspirational that stops me in my tracks. That's when a sense of calmness envelopes me...Those moments of peace...  Give yourself a break and enjoy the good things in life!

1.   My all-time favorite song by Leonard Cohen "Halleluiah". There are many variations, but today this version stood out to me:  Halleluiah


2.  About a year ago I came across Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience that was exceptionally written.  I completely forgot about it until a friend posted a link to it today and I was once-again swept away by her poetic, real, graceful writing.  Ann Voskamp is also the author of  One Thousand Gifts.


3.  Take a Seat, Make a Friend from Soul Pancake.  This makes me smile...especially the "teeth" part...


4.  Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst.  I have mentioned this book a million times on my blog.  This book has stopped me in my tracks to re-examine how I communicate with others and gives hilarious real-life examples.


5.  Because all moms need some grace....  So Wonderful So Marvelous blog



What are some things that put a smile on your face, that make you stop in your tracks?



Give yourself some grace today, and take time to slow down to enjoy the little joys in life. 

2 comments:

  1. Just wound up at your blog, and have enjoyed reading through your last few posts! I am a current teacher and boy-mama, so I can relate to you! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I've been finding a lot of teachers through here :)

      Delete