Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lindsay's Style: Quick, Comfy, Chic




Please let me introduce you to a military wife that has great taste in style.  If I ever need help with a beachy outfit I'm going to ask this gal!  Lindsay and her little family are stationed in Hawaii. I seriously imagine her living in a human-sized sandcastle right on the beach--what a dream! 

Lindsay's Style:
I’m a 25 year old mother to a very busy 10 month old girl, so while I love to be on trend, I have to keep it functional for my lifestyle.  In three words I’d describe my style as “Quick, comfy chic.”  If you are a mother, you know your days run on a schedule, and it’s not your own!  So if I can’t put the outfit together in 20 minutes or less, chances are it’s not ending up in my closet.
My rule of thumb when shopping for clothes is that I have to be able to wear a piece at least three different ways.  This helps me maximize my clothing budget.  I used to be a frivolous shopper and I’d end up with tons of single pieces I could only wear certain ways, and as a result I had an overflow of items in my closet that were sadly only worn once or twice.  While I loved my snake skin purple BCBG shoes and my leopard and lace corset from my pre-mommy days, they no longer fit into my budget nor are they practical for a mom on the go…

After I lost the majority of my baby weight I ventured back out into the fashion world to find clothing that worked for me both as an individual and as a new mommy.  Some days it’s still a struggle and I’d rather just throw on that maternity top and some cargos, but I love the feeling of being the young, trendy mommy!

 

Bright & Beachy…

Print sheer top:  Ali & Kris from TJ MAXX
Pink cami:  Express
Shorts:  BeBop from Burlington Coat Factory
Sandals:  Charlotte Russe

Super comfortable, and these colors are flattering on many skin tones.  All of these items can be easily paired with other items.


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that top, the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on Aloha Friday and just started following on GFC. That floral vest would look beautiful with a lot of different colors. I kind of think it would look pretty with royal blue :)

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I have a pair of white shorts, but I desperately need some better tops than random t-shirts! I have to admit to being totally stylistically hopeless most of the time and it's so nice to see a fashionable post that looks like something I could actually wear without having an absurd budget and the world's biggest closet to hold all the one outfit only pieces!

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for donating to the Peace, Love, and Bath Products giveaway! Also thank you for the random act of kindness giveaway!

    ReplyDelete