Monday, May 13, 2013

Brain is Mush

What do you do when you have writer's block, and nothing sounds interesting to blog about?  That has been my week-- brain is mush!  This post is not going to be all "manicured" and edited like all my other posts are. Figured I should write straight from my thoughts and not spend 2 hours dissecting what I wrote. 

I had a wonderful Mother's Day that involved taking my mom out to lunch.  Then I spent the afternoon relaxing and loving on my son.  My little muffin loved giving me kisses all day yesterday.  Totally melted my heart :)


My husband left on his first-ever business trip and will be gone for the next 2 weeks.  This is probably crazy to say, but I'm kinda lost without him here.  He is the "peanut butter to my jelly".  The hubby keeps this house sane and manageable.  I have many people say they would do anything to get their husband out of the house for 2 weeks. Not sure if that's a good sign or not. A few friends have also mentioned that 2 weeks is nothing compared to their situation (single mom or Military wife).   So yes, single moms and military wives have all kudos from me.  There is definitely no comparison there, but I do find it tough that the evening routine is totally chaos now.  I had another friend say that it doesn't matter how long the time is or the situation, it still sucks.  In my case, I miss my man already and I know our son does too.  To keep me busy, I have decided to have a special date night waiting for Dale when he arrives home!  So I will be planning that all week and gathering items to make it special.  Will share the cool date idea on the blog later!

No comments:

Post a Comment