Monday, May 6, 2013

My Cup Overflows...

 
Last month I started a Pin Pal Exchange program, and received my gift from my pal Stephanie. We were complete strangers, but she knew exactly what kinds of things would brighten up my day. I honestly think she went beyond what was expected, and I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't go all out with her items. Stephanie sent me items that she crocheted, handmade Chai Tea Soap (she sells soap at a Farmer's Market), a jeweled bookmark, a really cool flower made out of recycled material, a pretty postcard with a written note on the back,a rice pack that you warm up to soothe an aching body, and my FAVORITE is the Terrarium jar that has pebbles and soil in it. I'm supposed to plant something in it and watch it grow. I really enjoyed getting to know Stephanie during the month and sharing our stories of our 2 year old toddlers. 
So, if you are impressed by this like I am, you should join the next Exchange in June! 
Click here to check out more info about the Pin Pal Exchange. Dates will change for the next month, but most rules will stay the same. 
If you are already wanting to join for June, feel free to email me at EHermesch@gmail.com or comment below with your name, email, and state you live in. I will mail out Pin Pal info to you the first week of June!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I would love more information about the Terrarium Kit! Sounds like something I would make family for holiday gifts! Perhaps a tutorial? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! :) it's in the works to be a future blog post.

      Delete
  2. Hi! What a fun idea! I have never heard of this until now, and I love it!!! I love making and doing crafty things, although I can say that I am not very good at it and do not have many supplies or materials. Do you think that I could or would be good at it?! I read your response last month to someone who asked a similar question, and it seems like it would (maybe)?! I do really kind of want to try it, although I definitely wouldn't want to disappoint my buddy. ;) What do you think? Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's for everyone no matter how crafty you are. If you use Pinterest, you can get some easy crafty ideas off there. One thing is, it doesn't have to be completely hand made. Sometimes I think just seeing a photo of a themed basket all wrapped up cute is good enough. Anything you see on Pinterest is a go-for-all. If you notice, the Terrarium kit (pictured above) does not require much craftiness. Everything is store bought and she printed off the instructions. If you want to join for the month of June, let me know :) If anything, the best part is just getting to know someone new and writing each other.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful stuff!!!^_^

    ReplyDelete