Sunday, May 26, 2013

::Dating My Spouse:: LOST


When I found out my hubby was going to be on a business trip for 2 weeks, I went into full action to create a special homecoming for Dale. I would have made everything more pristine, but as a procrastinator, everything was fixed up within 30 minutes before the Hubs came home.

via
Dale and I are huge LOST fans. This theme fit perfectly with the idea of flying away for the business trip, and because we just had a LOST marathon. If you have never seen the show, you HAVE to watch it!  It’s about a plane crashing on an island, and weird, mysterious things happen while the characters are stranded. It is a pure adrenaline rush, edge-of-your-seat show.  

Now for the preparation of the date night…

I put a quarantined sign on our front door to peak Dale’s interest right away.  When he walked in, he was thinking we all got sick and this was our way of telling him in a funny way…I’m not that mean. HA.  

Good Natured Gourmet provided me with cookies (there is a giveaway for them too...info on the bottom of this post). So I made up a batch of the  “First Kisses” cookies--something sweet and yummy to welcome Dale home.  Plus I decorated cans of chili with Dharma labels (you'd have to watch LOST to understand) to enhance the theme.  

My favorite part was making the LOST-inspired t-shirts. The shirts had the “Dharma Initiative” logo on the front that said “I’d Get Lost With You Any Day!”  Super cute! 






It was a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to planning another themed date night soon!

**Thanks to The Dating Divas website for the LOST date idea. They provided info about the t-shirts and the labels for the chili.

**Good Natured Gourmet has been gracious enough to provide a free bag of Cookie Mix for a giveaway. To enter, go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment