Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What do you think of the Abercrombie fiasco?

Most of you probably saw this floating around...  Recently, the CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch announced that he only wants hot, skinny people wearing their clothing.  I have personally never shopped there, and think their half-naked ads are distasteful.  When I heard the CEO's remarks and how he was bashing large people, I really wanted to stand on my soapbox and proclaim that bullying needs to stop.  Read the article about this HERE.

Today, I came across a fantastic video that is turning this Abercrombie & Fitch fiasco into something worthwhile.  This young man goes to thrift stores, looking for A&F clothing, and hands them out to the homeless!  This video made my day when I first saw it.  Makes me want to join in on the idea and do the same.  Something as simple as this is making a statement and making a difference. 

See the video HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous response to a ridiculous company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic response to a horrible campaign. I like how this responds to hatred with kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love LOVE what this guy has started in response to such a ridiculous waste of space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great response to a wretched human being.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a designer and as big of a name he has made for himself, he does have the right to size and style his line any way he chooses. There really are some brands that I have HUGE WTF moments with and often wonder who in the hell they use as an example to make their clothes- jeans especially. I'm a girl that has ALWAYS had the butt and thighs- even when I was a 6, could NEVER wear A&F. I really have not paid too much attention to houpla with all of it, but the shoot to a teens' self esteem, at an already awkward stage is cruel, and that is who and what this company caters to. I think he should be ashamed. They are kids! I do think kids should turn away from the technology, shouldn't have cell phones, and Ipads, etc and should get out more and be more active, but it shouldn't come down to which brands they can and cannot wear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea! They have always made me squirm with their portrayal of scantily clad young people. I also hate that with Victoria's Secret and their Pink line. Young teenage girls with writing all over their underwear. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete