Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Toddler Tuesday: Author Study

In celebration of Mother's Day coming up, I wanted to share one of my all-time favorite books/author. From the time I was a small girl I LOVED hearing Robert Munsch stories. He has written favorite stories like "Love you Forever", "The Paper Bag Princess", "Purple, Green, and Yellow" and many more.

When my son was born, "Love you Forever" was the first story I made sure to read to him. It's a story about a son going through different stages of life--from a toddler throwing things in the toilet, a teenager that ignores everyone, to a young man who gets married and then has a baby of his own. The story is so sweet and reflects the love a mother has for her son.  The main verse that is repeated throughout the story is:

"I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be."


I have also come across another similar book by Alison McGhee, called "Someday".  Mamas, you better get out the tissues for this book too!  It is a story about the relationship of a mother and her daughter. When I was teaching, I read it for the first time in the classroom and burst into tears. I told my classroom aid, Ms. Alicia, to read it and she had the same reaction. It is super super sweet.


3 comments:

  1. Some of my earliest childhood memories are of my mom reading "Love You Forever" to me. I will always love it! I'll have to check out the other book, it sounds so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Book!!! I was just singing the song from Love You Forever the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing books! My son used love when we read I love you forever!

    ReplyDelete